2. Log in with your OneID username and password.
Note: Please be aware that the following instruction is based on using Google Chrome, and other browsers may display slightly differently.
3. A file endnote_x9_mac.dmg will appear at the bottom left corner.
4. Click on the download file and the EndNote X9 Installer image will appear.
5. Double-click on the Install EndNote X9 image.
6. This will bring up an image with Licensed to and our license name Macquarie University. Click Install.
7. This will launch the EndNote X9 application. Click through the screens to finish the installation process.
EndNote X9 is compatible with macOS 10.10 and above.
Cite While You Write feature is compatible with Microsoft Word 2011, 2016 (version 15.21.1 or later)
An Internet connection is required to register for online access, search online databases, find full text and automatically update references.
You can find more details from EndNote.
If you have a previous version of EndNote installed, you should uninstall it before installing the new version.
This will uninstall EndNote completely from your computer.
Older versions of EndNote (X7 and X8) are available for download if you are experiencing issues with EndNote X9. However, please note the following:
Apple is expected to release the new macOS Catalina in September 2019. If you plan to upgrade your Mac to macOS Catalina you will need to install EndNote X9 as EndNote X7 and X8 may no longer work once you upgrade. EndNote is a 32-bit application and Catalina will only support 64-bit applications. Clarivate is currently working to upgrade EndNote X9 to be 64-bit compatible.