About this guide
By Andrewmeyerson (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0
Welcome to the Orthopedics LibGuide! This guide provides you with links to websites and electronic resources that may be helpful to your clinical work and research.
UpToDate is the an evidence-based clinical decision support resource, used by healthcare practitioners to help them make the right decisions at the point of care.It contains over 10,000 clinical topics in 22 specialities.
Mobile Access for Macquarie Users
Currently registered Macquarie students and faculty can access the UpToDate mobile app free of charge using the follow steps:
- Login to UpToDate via MultiSearch using a laptop or desktop computer.
- Click “Logi In / Register” on the top right of the UpToDate search page.
- Create an account
- Go to Google Play, the App Store, or the Amazon App Store and download the app for your device.
- Enter your UpToDate account username and password
- IMPORTANT: You will need to sign in via the Macquarie University network or Hospital intranet every 90 days to maintain access.
STATdx is an online reference tool providing diagnostic decision support for radiologists. Based on decades of diagnostic experience, STATdx provides access to thousands of diagnoses and supporting cases, as well as a vast range of digital images. Each diagnosis includes: Key Facts, Terminology, Imaging Findings, Differential Diagnosis, Pathology, Clinical Issues, Diagnostic Checklist, and Selected References.
STATdx is accessed via username and password and registration is required for setting up access. If you are interested in using the database please contact Mary Simons or Jeremy Cullis for more information.
DynaMed is a clinical reference tool created for physicians and other health care professionals for use at the point-of-care.
Updated daily from over 500 journals, and with clinically-organized summaries for more than 3,200 topics, DynaMed provides the latest content and a synthesis of the best available evidence.