To create a bibliography for your document bypassing the Mendeley Cite-O-Matic tools in Word:
1. Open your Library in Mendeley Desktop.
2. Make sure your desired reference style is chosen (under View > Citation Style).
3. Select one or more references (Ctrl + click to select individual references; Shift + click to select a range of references).
4. Right-click and then click Copy As > Formatted Citation.
5. Open your Word or email document and paste (eg Ctrl-V or Edit > Paste).
Your references will be pasted in your selected style.
Note: You may need to rearrange the order of the references so that your bibliography matches the rules of your style ie in alphabetical order by author name.