1. Select References > New Reference
2. Choose the relevant Reference Type eg Journal article. Fill in the fields following the EndNote data entry conventions.
3. Close the New Reference window (click the red circle in the top left corner). Select 'Do not show this message again' to automatically save when you close the New Reference window in the future. Click Save.
1. Highlight the reference you want to edit
2. Select References > Edit Reference
3. In editing mode, select the field that requires editing and make the necessary changes.
Example here showing how to change UPPERCASE to Capitalise Each Words in the Journal field
4. Save your changes by selecting File, then Close Reference and Yes to save your changes.
Q. What can I do if I cannot find the Reference Type I am looking for?
A. The Unused types at the bottom of the list allow you to add custom types.
See Learn more: Customise your Reference Types for details.