2. Login with your OneID username and password.
Note: Please be aware that the following instruction is based on using Google Chrome, and other browsers may display slightly differently.
3. A compressed (zipped) file endnote_x9_window.zip will appear at the bottom left corner.
4. Double click to open it. Two files should display:
5. To extract both files in the .zip package, highlight the files.
6. Create a New Folder on the desktop and select the destination for both extracted files in the New folder.
7. Click Extract from the menu bar.
8. Open the new folder containing the extracted files and double-click the file ENX90Inst.msi to install EndNote.
9. Click through the screens to finish the installation process.
Q: When I try to install EndNote I am being prompted for a product key. What is the product key?
A: You must extract the files from the .zip package before double-clicking the ENX901inst.msi file. Not extracting the files properly will cause you to be prompted for a Product Key and you will not be able to install EndNote.
EndNote X9 is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 operating systems.
Cite While You Write feature is compatible with Microsoft Word 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
It is also compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
An Internet connection is required to register for online access, search online databases, find full text and automatically update references.
You can find more details from EndNote.
If you have a previous version of EndNote installed, you should uninstall it before installing the new version.
This will uninstall EndNote completely from your computer.