Open Access @ Macquarie University
Macquarie University ResearchOnline is Macquarie University's open access digital collection.
It is designed to promote globally, preserve locally and provide open access to the research and scholarly output of Macquarie University's staff, students and affiliates.
To find out more about ResearchOnline please see the link below:
Contributing to Macquarie University ResearchOnline
Macquarie University ResearchOnline is designed to show case the research and scholarly outputs of the University. Staff, students and affiliates of the University are invited to contribute their research publications and works to the repository.
Depositing Your Work
To deposit your work please:
- Email your request to deposit and send a copy of your publication to repository staff at email@example.com.
- Provide any information that you may have about the copyright permissions associated with your work, e.g. copyright ownership or permissions.
What Will Repository Staff Do For You?
Repository staff will:
- Verify the copyright permissions associated with your publication, etc, on your behalf.
- Verify and include the citation/publication details of your work within the repository.
- Convert any MS Word file/s to PDF format (if required and appropriate) for storage and access within the repository.
- Expose your publication in the repository to make it available to the global research community and discoverable via the Internet, e.g. Google, Google Scholar, etc.
- Abide by and manage any embargoes associated with your publication or work.
Macquarie University - Open Access Policy
To provide equitable, world-wide access to the scholarly and research output of Macquarie University.
Scholarly research is one of Macquarie’s most important contributions to society. The free exchange of information is a bedrock academic value, one that is supported by taking an open access approach to the dissemination of the outputs of scholarship and research. An open access approach means that these outputs are made available online and world-wide, free of charge and free of most other access restrictions.
The open access approach also enables Macquarie University authors to meet the requirements of funding bodies, e.g. Australian Research Council and National Health and Medical Research Council, to make the results of their research publicly accessible.
The outputs of scholarship and research are collected as part of the University’s research management processes. These outputs will now be stored and made accessible through the Macquarie University Digital Repository - Macquarie University ResearchOnline. In addition to maximising access to Macquarie research, this policy also supports more effective storage of these outputs in perpetuity and assists in promoting Macquarie’s research around the world.
Open Access publications from Macquarie University ResearchOnline
A selection of publications that have been made open access through Macquarie University ResearchOnline:
This guide is brought to you by:
Macquarie University Library's Open Access blog
Check out our Open Access blog - a one-stop shop for information about Open Access at Macquarie University.
Here, you’ll find information about our events, as well as blogs from our librarians with helpful information about open access.