LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) is an online database of over 5,000 video-based courses taught by industry experts that can help anyone learn the business, software, technology and creative skills they need to achieve personal and professional goals.
Through Macquarie University's subscription, students and staff members have access to the continually growing library of engaging, top-quality courses and all the other features of a LinkedIn Learning account.
Note for Lynda.com users: For students and staff who had an account on Lynda.com your learning activity and history from Lynda.com will be transferred to LinkedIn Learning when you log in for the first time.
You can access your LinkedIn Learning account through Macquarie University Library with the following instructions:
1. Visit linkedin.com/learning/login
2. Enter your MQ email address when prompted and click 'Continue'
3. Click the 'Sign in with Single Sign-On button when this screen appears
4. You will be redirected to the Macquarie University Single Sign On page. Enter your OneID and password and click 'Sign In'
5. Follow the prompts to set up and access your LinkedIn Learning account.
Note: You can choose whether you wish to connect your personal LinkedIn account or not as part of this process.
LinkedIn Learning offers courses that build Business, Technology and Creative skills across a range of platforms and skill levels, including:
Have a look at the LinkedIn Learning website for the full list of subjects offered, or check out the guide menu for more information and examples of courses for your needs.
New courses are added all the time, so be sure to check back for a subject that interests you!
To access your LinkedIn Learning account with a mobile app:
1. Download the app from the respective app store and open it
2. Select Sign in
3. Enter your MQ email address and click Continue
4. Enter your MQ OneID and password and select Sign In
5. You can now access your LinkedIn Learning account via the mobile app!