2. When prompted, log in with your OneID username and password;
3. A compressed (zipped) file called endnote-20-windows.zip will appear at the bottom left corner of your screen;
4. Double click to open it. You should now see two files;
5. To extract the files in the .zip package, select both of them and click the Extract all button;
6. You will be asked to select a destination to extract the files to. Use the Browse button to navigate to an appropriate location, e.g. the Downloads folder or the Documents Folder. When ready, click on the Extract button;
7. Open the folder containing the extracted files. Make sure both files are present. If you don't see the License.dat file, you will not be able to finish the installation process. Double-click the file EN20Inst to install EndNote;
8. Click through the Setup wizard to finish the installation process;
EndNote 20 is compatible with Windows 10 operating system.
Cite While You Write feature is compatible with Microsoft Word 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365 (locally installed desktop version only)
An Internet connection is required to register for online access, search online databases, find full text and automatically update references.
You can find more details from EndNote.
Q: When I try to install EndNote I am being prompted for a product key. What is the product key?
A: You must extract the files from the .zip package before double-clicking the EN201inst.msi file. Not extracting the files properly will cause you to be prompted for a Product Key and you will not be able to install EndNote OR it will only install a trial version.
If you have a previous version of EndNote installed, you should uninstall it before installing the new version.
For Window 10:
Make sure you save a backup of your EndNote library (with both .enl file and data folder) first using the instructions 'Back up the Library'.